3 things you need to lose 10lbs in 30 days!
I get it! I completely get it. You are tired of being tired, you are ready to lose weight, feel great and keep it off for good!
My name is Michael Budensiek and I completely understand how it feels to want to reach a goal or work towards something only to be completely let down and defeated after failing once or twice.
I have been in the fitness industry for over 10 years and started UFit so I could help people just like you lose weight, build self-confidence and create a fit life that is sustainable and maintainable.
My goal is to give you all the information you need to lose weight, feel great and be happy with who you are and today I am sharing with you the 3 things you need to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days!
If this plan doesn’t work for you I promise to give you, FOR FREE a 60min session with one of our certified Fitness Professionals so you can learn more about fitness, health, and how to reach your goals.
Like I said, there are 3 things you need to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days: Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Accountability. I am going to DIVE DEEP into each of these and how you need to start applying them immediately if you want to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days! YES - 10lbs!
Now, before we jump in I want you to take a second and think about two things:
- 1. How amazing would you feel if you could lose 10lbs in the next 30 days? I bet it would feel pretty awesome. Just day dream about that for a second, really let it sink in.
- 2. If there was a way for you to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days would you do it? I think you would and there is a way! It won’t necessarily be easy and it won’t be a quick fix, but it will be weight loss that lasts forever!
Let’s get to it:
This is the number one most important piece to any weight loss goal and it is also the number one most overlooked and misunderstood piece of any weight loss goal. What I am giving you today is the answers to nutrition for long term weight loss, self confidence and health. Nutrition has many many many components and I know it can be completely overwhelming. This is why I have created this outline for you, it will help you better understand nutrition and how it can work WITH YOU to help you lose weight and feel great!
Nutrition has 4 major pieces: Calories, Carbs, Proteins, and Fats. All of these things were created equal and play a vital role in your ability to lose weight and keep it off! I am giving you the description you need of each individual section, plus an outline of how much you should be getting of each one.
Calories: Simply put, calories are an energy source and your body NEEDS sufficient calories in order to burn fat and lose weight. Calories are made of of the the nutrients: Carbs, Proteins, Fats which we will dive into more here shortly,
Calories are tricky because if you burn less than you eat you gain weight, but if eat less than you burn you lose weight….. BUT… if you undereat by too much (a lot of people do this when trying to lose weight) your body will actually store fat and keep you from seeing the weight loss you are looking for.
The absolute best solution is to figure out your daily calorie burn using a series of online tools like a “bmr calculator” and “daily activity calculator”, but if you are just starting out, take the following steps to figuring out your daily needs and track it every single day.
First, you need to make sure you download “My Fitness Pal” on to your phone or computer. This app is the most user friendly calorie tracking app available and it also syncs up to many devices for tracking steps, workouts, etc.
Before getting started you MUST UNDERSTAND that tracking your food is used for one single purpose - EDUCATION. You will be learning what types of food are what and you WILL NOT have to track for the rest of your life. So many people are afraid they will have to track forever, but you won’t this is just where you start.
Once you download my fitness pal it will take you through a series of questions that are going to help the system determine your calories. I have been using as well as helping clients and trainers use this system for 8 years and I know a few tricks you need to make sure you follow to get the most accurate calorie setup without having a professional help you.
Here are the 3 things you need to make sure you do when answering the questions:
- 1. Do not lie about your age, weight or height (this will throw off the calculation)
- 2. When it asks you about activity level - If you workout LESS than 3 days per week, you must select SEDENTARY. If you workout 3 or MORE days per week you must select LIGHTLY ACTIVE.
- 3. DO NOT EAT the “EXTRA” calories the system will give you when you workout. If you track your workouts in the app it will give you “extra calories” basically all the calories you burned working out it will tell you that you can eat them. Do not do this.
The last thing you need to know about my fitness pal before we jump into carbs, proteins and fats is how you can track those. Click on the drop down menu and click on nutrients. Here you will see a few different options and how to look at them. You can also click on goal in the drop down and adjust your daily percentage for each nutrient, which is exactly what we are getting into now!
Let’s jump right to it!
Carbs: Carbs are not your enemy! I hear people all the time saying carbs are the enemy, the evil food that makes them unable to lose weight. Now, I am not saying some people don’t have a sensitivity to carbs, but that is not what I am talking about because it is not the majority of people. If you have a carb sensitivity calls us direct 317-886-8133 and we can help you customize this part - FREE OF CHARGE!
Carbs are actually your body's number one source for energy and one of the easiest energies for your body to burn. Carbs should make up the highest % in your daily intake. You need to start by setting your daily carb goal at 40% of your total calories.
Now, when I talk about carbs I am not talking about the ones we all love like cookies, cakes, ice cream and candy. I am talking about healthy carbs like whole grains, some wheat, and veggies! This does not mean you can NEVER have cookies, cakes and candy, it’s all about being mindful and make good decisions. Treating yourself 1- 2x per week (in moderation) will NOT keep you from losing weight, Here is a list of some of the best choices for healthy carbs. This is not a complete list as I do not want to overwhelm you, but it’s a great start:
- Red, White, Sweet Potatoes
- Brown, White Rice
- Ezekiel Bread
- Rice Cakes
- Protein Breads (balanced but a good source of carb as well)
Protein: Protein helps your body recover from workouts, burn fat and build lean muscle tissue. Your body needs muscle to burn fat, and having a balanced source of protein in your nutrition will ensure that your body gets everything it needs to burn fat, lose weight, and help you feel better!
Protein needs to make up 25% of your daily intake to start. Most people tend to either way under eat or way over eat protein. Your body can only process so much protein at one time, following my guidelines will ensure you are getting the right about of protein to start. Again, make sure you set this up in your my fitness pal app so it will help you keep track of it better.
Here is a good list of healthy proteins to help you get started:
- Lean Beef
- Beef Steak
- Fish – all kinds
Fats: Fats are another nutrient people tend to get really uncomfortable with. Just because you eat fat does not mean you will get fat. The amount of fat in the unhealthy food we eat tends to be a reason we always take in too many calories, because per the size there are more calories in a gram of fat than protein or carbs, but your BODY NEEDS balanced nutrition to lose weight and sustain that weight loss. There is a HUGE difference in the unhealthy fats we eat in bad food and the healthy fats I am going to give you today. Fats need to make up the other 35% of your total intake. Reminder, put this in your my fitness pal app.
Eating fat helps with a whole list of things including heart health, joint health, and it’s a long term sustainable energy source. Your body goes to fat when it needs a long term energy to burn.
Here is a list of fats you should make sure are part of your plan:
- Nut Butters
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Fatty Fish
- Chia Seeds
- Other Seeds
I know I just gave you a TOOON of information and I am sure it seems very overwhelming, but trust me. Nutrition is the most important piece to the weight loss puzzle and I want to make sure you get it right.
Now that we talked a lot about nutrition we are going to get into the second thing you need to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days!
I created UFit so that I could share with you and our community what it truly takes to lose weight and keep it off forever and the answer is your lifestyle. You have to choose to live by what I like to call the 80/20 guide. 80% of the time you are healthy, make good choices food wise and live actively, while the other 20% not so much. There is no denying that the healthiest people in the world just make health and fitness a part of their lifestyle. If you want to lose 10 lbs in the next 30 days you have to start living a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle consists of many things, but really just two major ones you need to focus on:
- 1. Make Healthy Choices: This is not always fun and it’s not always easy, but choosing to eat the healthier food will go a long long way towards helping you lose weight and maintaining that weight loss by not over loading your body with too many calories, bad sugars, fats, and toxins.
- 2. Get Active: Living a healthy lifestyle is about being active and doing things to get your body moving, This not only helps you see and maintain results, but it also helps you FEEL AMAZING. Getting your blood flowing several times per week will help reduce your risk of heart problems and lower blood pressure. You need to get and stay active 3 - 6 days per week. This could simply going to the gym getting a workout in or it could be going hiking, kayaking, walking, swimming - the list goes on and on. I recommend starting with something you really enjoy and start building your active lifestyle from there.
We have talked about Nutrition and Lifestyle, now we need to talk about the third and final thing you need to ensure you lose 10lbs the next 30 days!
This is one of the toughest parts to figure out - because let’s face it, we don’t like it if our wife or husband “tells us what to do” even if we asked them to help hold us accountable, it usually doesn’t come across the way we like and then it isn’t accepted very well either.
Studies have shown that up to 92% of people fail to reach their goals. WHAT? 92%?! I know I don’t want that to be me, what about you? The ONLY REAL way to make sure we move forward on our goals is ACCOUNTABILITY.
Accountability can come in many different forms, I have had accountability in different areas of my life from workout buddies, friends, my wife, coaches, mentors, and many others. For fitness I have two recommendations for you:
- 1. Make it a Family Event: If you are married or have a family you are close with do not try to do this on your own. If you are the only person in your whole family trying to lose weight and improve your life you are setting yourself up for no support and worse - pressure to NOT reach your goals. Trust me, I have seen this happen time and time and time again. Do everything you can to include your family. Families that support each other end up seeing more success toward their goals.
- 2. Get a Workout Buddy: This does not have to be someone you workout with directly. You guys can just show up at the gym at the same time, attend the same workout classes, check-in on each other and make sure the other did their workout when they were suppose to. Of course if you find someone to workout with you on a regular basis that tends to work a little better, but it needs to be someone who will help truly hold you accountable and not let you give in to your own excuses.
Having accountability will increase your chance of success and losing weight by over 90%! Who wouldn't want those odds?
Now, one word of caution. I have seen countless accountability partners be quite the opposite to each other. If you are partnering up with someone to hold each other accountable, you need to take it seriously. You need to realize from the very beginning that both of you have an obligation to be strong when the other one is weak. There will still be struggles and tough times and you must help each other through them. When your accountability partner says they don’t feel like working out and they have had a bad day, instead they want to go get ice cream, drinks, or otherwise, YOU MUST STAY STRONG. You cannot agree with them and automatically just say “YEAH! That sounds more fun” because it defeats the purpose. A good solution would be to say “Let’s hit our workout first and then if we want to reward ourselves we can”. Odds are that after a good sweat and relieving some stress the desire to go out won’t be as strong.
Well. That’s it! That’s all you need! What do you think?
Are you ready to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days? I know you can do this because I have seen and helped thousands of people lose weight, build self-confidence, and achieve their ultimate fitness goals.
It all starts with your first step. Take the first step by making the decision to start on your Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Accountability so you can lose 10lbs in 30 days which will set you up to reach your long-term goals of 20, 30, 50, or even 100lbs of weight loss this year!
To Your Fitness,
BONUS FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD
Finally the truth about weight loss revealed.
Top Personal Trainer And Fitness Coach Reveals Insider Secrets The Weight Loss And Fitness Industries Don't Want You to Know.