Why is Drinking Water Important? A Guide to Staying Hydrated and Happy!
We’ve all heard the old saying, “drink 8 glasses of water a day” but have you ever wondered why it’s so important? Well, buckle up because we’re about to take a deep dive into the amazing world of H2O and why it’s crucial to our health and happiness.
- Hydrates the Body: Water is like a magic elixir for our bodies! It helps regulate body temperature, lubricate joints, and keep our organs, skin, and brain functioning at their best. Think of water as the ultimate hydration superhero!
- Boosts Energy and Brain Function: Dehydration can leave us feeling tired and sluggish, but drinking water can give us a much-needed boost of energy and help us stay focused and alert. So, the next time you’re feeling tired, grab a glass of water instead of reaching for that cup of coffee!
- Helps with Weight Management: Drinking water can also help with weight loss! It can make us feel fuller, which can prevent overeating, and also boost our metabolism, making us burn more calories. Who knew that simple glass of water could be a weight loss secret weapon!
- Supports Digestive Health: Water also plays a vital role in our digestive health. It helps in digestion and the absorption of food and can also prevent constipation. So, if you want to keep things moving smoothly, make sure you’re drinking enough water!
- Flushes Out Toxins: Lastly, water is crucial for our kidneys to function properly and flush out waste and toxins from our bodies. Think of water as the body’s personal janitor, keeping everything clean and functioning smoothly.
Tips for Drinking More Water
- Keep a water bottle with you: Keeping a refillable water bottle with you at all times is like having a hydration sidekick. You’ll never forget to drink water again!
- Set reminders: Set reminders on your phone or use a hydration tracking app to make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Flavor it: If plain water isn’t your cup of tea, add some fruit slices, herbs, or spices to give it a little flavor boost. You can have fun experimenting with different flavor combinations and find your favorite!
- Eat water-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are packed with water and can help you stay hydrated throughout the day. So, add more of these water-rich foods to your diet and you’ll be on your way to optimal hydration in no time!
- Make it a habit: Drinking water should be a daily habit, just like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. Try drinking a glass of water when you wake up in the morning and before each meal, and soon it will become a part of your daily routine.
A Few of UFit’s Favorite Water Bottle
- The Bubba Water Bottle- ($12-$20) We purchased a couple at Meijer. Walmart and Amazon carry them as well. We love this one because it has a straw (We think we drink more when there is a straw ??♀️- there is science behind this too.) and it keeps it super cold for a long time.
- The Amazon Special- ($12-$25) We’re going to call it by this name because there are a lot of options for this type of water bottle on Amazon. This one in particular we love because of the fast flow top (definitely is more like a straw) and a motivational time tracker on the side of the bottle to show you how much you have been drinking through the day.
- UFit Water Bottle- ($18) We have a few of these left. They have a push button top and are easy to sip out of.
- Owala Water Bottle- ($15-$25) This one came from Kroger and has been a shocking favorite. You can find them a number of places but it has a sipping option and a straw option. There are a number of sizes and it definitely keeps the water cold.
- Stanley Water Bottle- ($30-$40) Ok yes these may be the new trending water bottle, but they are definitely worth the hype. They have a straw, they keep things cold for hours, I’m in love with the size (holding 30-40 ounces) and they fit into my car cup holder with no problem. They are definitely the highest priced option, but we used our Dick’s Score Card points towards one and it was worth it.
In conclusion, drinking enough water is crucial for our health and happiness. So, let’s raise a glass (or bottle) of H2O to our hydration superheroes! Cheers!